The ADS-B Out mandate for business aviation is coming fast and estimates indicate that up to 25% of eligible aircraft will fail to get their FAA-mandated ADS-B upgrades by the January 1, 2020 deadline, forcing them out of Class A, B and C airspace. With Honeywell's Primus® II Radio system, Hawker and Cessna Citation XLS operators can fly with a complete system featuring integrated navigation and communication, combined control and blended audio systems. Key benefits of the Primus II Radio system include:
- Integrated communication unit
- Integrated navigation unit and the associated antennas
- Very high frequency communication
- Air traffic control transponder capability
- Mode A/C, S, and Mode S w/diversity
- Elementary surveillance
Honeywell Aerospace is working closely with Duncan Aviation to help customers meet the ADS-B Out mandate. Duncan Aviation still has capacity at satellite locations in Van Nuys, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, Seattle, Kansas City, St. Louis, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Atlanta, Boston and Teterboro, but spots are filling fast.
The typical upgrade includes:
- Primus II Communications Unit
- RM-855 Radio Management Unit
- DO-260B compliant Global Positioning System with "SelectiveAvailability Aware" sensor
Due to the large variety of Primus II configurations fielded, and to the variations found in the configurations, some units may require other upgrades to reach the ADS-B configuration.
Don’t delay your ADS-B out upgrade any longer and risk dealing with scheduling conflicts, paying higher prices or delayed travel plans! Contact Duncan Aviation today to request a quote and schedule your upgrade.