Omaha, Nebraska, Operators Conference
Gustavo “Gus” Garayzar, Customer Support Manager for Midwest USA, hosted the 28 customers at Kiewit University’s facilities on April 11, 2018.
The event’s guest speaker, Chris Christianson, a lead technical manager for Duncan Aviation, provided an overview of avionics updates, and highlighted how operators would benefit from these updates.
Conference highlights included:
- The agenda topics included Customer Support and Network operations, mechanical updates, aftermarket GoDirect services (HAPP/MSP/MPP), avionics update, and sales updates.
- Honeywell partnered with both Kiewit University and Midwest Aviation (Kiewit’s Corporate Flight Department) who graciously offered their facilities to host the event.
- The attendees had a variety of backgrounds and functions within their flight departments and companies, including maintenance directors, pilots, technicians; several were channel partner’s staff members.
- Mr. Chris Christianson presented the avionics updates portion of the agenda, displayed his significant knowledge of Honeywell’s avionics systems, and emphasized the strong business relationship with Honeywell, our Global Customer Committee and Honeywell’s permanent commitment to customer support and satisfaction.
- The following is an example of customer feedback post the event: “Great job yesterday, You and Your team did a great job presenting the latest news from Honeywell. Several operators came up to me after the meeting and conveyed their appreciation for all your efforts bringing this event to Omaha.” – Warren Pletan, DOM, Midwest Aviation
FIDAE (Feria Internacional del Aire y del Espacio)
The Customer and Product Support (C&PS) team was busy in April. While the APAC team was supporting the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition, the South America team attended the Feria Internacional del Aire y del Espacio (FIDAE -International Air and Space Fair), event that took place April, 3 -8, 2018.
For those who are unfamiliar with FIDAE, it is the foremost aerospace, defence and security exhibition of Latin America, and has become the most important business platform of the region due to its long and successful experience.
Honeywell’s Falcon 900 test aircraft was on hand to demonstrate several systems, including JetWave’s capability to provide office-like internet connection.
The team visited customers, including Aerocardal, Aviasur, Division Turbos, Masuma, Los Cedros, and others, helping them address and clear technical issues.
Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition
The Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE) was held at the Shanghai Hawker Pacific Business Aviation Service Centre on April 17-19, 2018.
During the event, the Honeywell Customer and Product Support (C&PS) team met with customers including as Deer Jet (largest business aviation operator in China), GDAT Co. Ltd., and VCOM, the partner for the Y5B TPE331 Retrofit program.
During ABACE, C&PS held the Honeywell Channel Partner Forum, where all the channel partners operating in the great China region (nine in total) were invited and attended. During the Forum, Samson Franklin, C&PS director for APAC region, shared the Honeywell expectations for channel partners, digital transformation, and the industry surveys, and held an open session to listen to the concerns of channel partners.
On April 18, Franklin led a team that attended the 2018 Dassault Falcon M&O Seminar where Falcon experts shared an overview of the company’s M&O experience and operation support with more than 50 operators in Shanghai. The event provided a great platform to share and exchange ideas on how to better understand and respond to customers’ needs, issue, concerns and expectations. Honeywell, as the sponsor, showcased several Honeywell’s connectivity technologies and shared experiences with attendees.