CONNECTED AIRCRAFT KNOWLEDGE SERIES
TAKING A CONNECTED FLIGHT WITH HONEYWELL
Get behind the scenes to learn how a Connected Aircraft utilizes the power of internet of things, data analytics and artificial intelligence to enable an airline to:
- Make informed decisions
- Reduce cost
- Enhance passenger experience
Also, learn about how we combined our nose to tail aerospace systems knowledge, with flight efficiency expertise, broad software industrial experience, connectivity and data science capabilities to provide Connected Aircraft solutions that are available today.
THE POSSIBILITIES OF CONNECTED AIRCRAFT
A recently conducted survey by Honeywell endorsed what our product experts always believed - passengers are far more interested in technology that gets their plane to its destination on time than “watching live TV”. That’s exactly what Honeywell’s connected solutions offer – a suite of innovative technologies that bring distinct benefits to pilots, engineers, ground staff and leadership teams by helping them
- Reduce unscheduled failures, Minimum Equipment List (MEL) events & delays
- Fly shorter and smoother routes, save fuel and reduce emissions
- Take and stay in control with real-time visibility and transparency of turnaround elements
- Attain competitive advantage
- Provide high-speed in-flight connectivity to passengers
What has Connected Aircraft in store for you? Find out.
THE HARDWARE THAT POWERS CONNECTED AIRCRAFT
Acquisition and distribution of data to, from and within the aircraft is the core attribute of Connected Aircraft. Hence, the hardware facilitating it must be cutting-edge and robust. In this video, you will learn more about Honeywell’s comprehensive portfolio of connected hardware that provides the necessary building blocks to architect a connected infrastructure. These include:
- Aircraft Data Gateway (ADG-300) that enables airlines to reap the benefits of an affordable and flexible approach to wireless data transfer
- JetWave, the exclusive SATCOM hardware for Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Ka-band network for passenger connectivity and aircraft operational applications
- Aspire suite of next generation SATCOM systems that provide mission critical safety services and high speed connectivity for the cockpit
- Aerospace Cybersecurity that addresses current and future risks to flight safety and the integrity of the enormous amount of data coming on and off a Connected Aircraft
MINIMIZING DELAYS WITH PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE
Maintenance issues routinely cause airlines to ground aircraft minutes before departure, which is never an ideal situation to be in. Delays cost the industry hundreds of millions of dollars a year and contribute significantly to passenger dissatisfaction.
What if airlines can identify potential faults before they become problems and thereby improve aircraft reliability, reduce costs, and limit delays?
In this video, find out how using the latest Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Connected Aircraft takes the surprises out of maintenance, and provides predictive, prescriptive alerts for various aircraft systems including auxiliary power units, environmental control systems, mechanical components and wheels & brakes.
ACHIEVING FLIGHT EFFICIENCY FOR REDUCED FUEL CONSUMPTION
Airlines have an ever-increasing need to improve fuel consumption, both to reduce emissions and to get the most out of their existing aircraft. Even small fuel savings can impact an airline’s profitability when multiplied by hundreds, or thousands, of flights annually. In this video, find out how connected applications use unique algorithms and data analytics to allow flight operation crews to find and resolve fuel inefficiencies, while informing pilots about shortcuts, optimal climb speeds, cruise altitudes, and other opportunities to reduce fuel usage.
MAKING A TURN FOR BETTER ON-TIME PERFORMANCE
There are lots of reasons that flights run late but only a few ways to make up for lost time. One of the best ways is to improve the speed and efficiency of ground handling.
In this video, learn how connected technologies provide and unprecedented view of the turnaround process and a wealth of data for improving on-time performance, resource planning and utilization, invoicing accuracy, and enhanced customer experience.
GET IN TOUCH