High-speed global connectivity is now in a cabin near you
The past year has been monumental for Honeywell’s JetWave™ connectivity hardware, which connects to Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Ka-band network to provide true broadband service around the world. Across the United States and Europe, Honeywell’s JetWave™ hardware has received FAA and EASA approval for many of the most broadly used aircraft in the airline industry, including the 737, 757, A320 family and A350, as well as VVIP STCs for the A330, A340, 737BBJ. The system has also been selected by leading global airlines, including Lufthansa Group, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Vietnam Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Air Caraibes, Air New Zealand, and Air Astana.
Business passengers and aircraft made huge gains in access to high-speed connectivity as well with popular business jets across Bombardier, Dassault and Gulfstream receiving supplemental type certificates and certifications to equip aircraft with JetWave and provide connectivity that is equivalent to the Wi-Fi experience at home or in the office.
We are currently certifying the system for aftermarket upgrades on over 30 models, and with 500 deliveries to date and nearly 1,000 coming up, Honeywell is advancing in-flight Wi-Fi around the globe.
Big milestones from start to finish in 2016, and 2017 is shaping up to be another great year to showcase The Power of Connected.
JetWave Milestones from 2016 and Q1 2017:
- Jan. 21, 2016 – JetWave received U.S. FAA approval for the Boeing 757
- March 25, 2016 – Bombardier WAVE connectivity solution awarded STC from Transport Canada using Honeywell’s JetWave
- May 4, 2016 – Air Astana selects Rockwell Collins to provide onboard broadband connectivity
- June 24, 2016 – JetWave achieved final type approval certification from Inmarsat
- June 27, 2016 – GX Aviation certified by EASA for the Airbus A320 family
- Sept. 29, 2016 – Honeywell and Inmarsat complete first GX Aviation Global Flight Tour, visiting 10 global locations using Honeywell’s 757 test aircraft
- Oct. 4, 2016 – With Honeywell's JetWave, EAD completed an STC for the A319 aircraft
- Oct. 25, 2016 – Inmarsat declared the GX Ka-band services for airlines, business aviation and government and military operators live, relying on Honeywell’s JetWave to connect to the Inmarsat GX network
- Oct. 26, 2016 – JetWave system received FAA certification for Dassault Falcon 7X
- Oct. 31, 2016 – Honeywell announced satellite communications for military use through Inmarsat’s Global Xpress “SATCOM as a Service” in-flight broadband service and Honeywell’s JetWave
- Nov. 5, 2016 – Gulfstream offers inflight Wi-Fi with JetWave for G650ER, G650, G550 and G450
- Nov. 30, 2016 – With Honeywell's JetWave, StandardAero completed an STC for the Falcon 900/B/C/EX and Falcon 50 series aircraft
- Dec. 5, 2016 – Honeywell and Boeing team up on GX Aviation technology
- Dec. 7, 2016 – Air New Zealand signs contract for Inmarsat’s GX Aviation
- Dec. 7, 2016 – Royal Jet selected Honeywell’s JetWave and GoDirect Cabin Connectivity services for its Boeing Business Jet 737-700
- Dec. 22, 2016 – Eurowings becomes the first low-cost carrier to offer Inmarsat’s GX Aviation
- Jan. 9, 2017 – With Honeywell's JetWave, Lufthansa Technik completed an STC for the A330 aircraft
- Jan. 10, 2017 – Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines go online with GX for Aviation
- Jan. 12, 2017 – Honeywell received EASA certification for its JetWave high-speed satellite communications hardware on the Airbus A319