From March 1-3, helicopter suppliers and airframe manufacturers will participate in the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community. The HELI-EXPO Trade Show and Exhibition in Louisville, KY will draw more than 20,000 attendees from 80 countries.
Honeywell’s booth will showcase a variety of helicopter technologies designed to make helicopter flight more efficient, safer and more connected. We’ll make announcements about how we’re helping our customers achieve performance improvements. We’ll also release the annual Honeywell Helicopter Industry Forecast, which provides an authoritative look at industry trends from the unique perspective of helicopter operators worldwide.
Make plans now to visit us at Booth #4945 and to also see our technology on display at our channel partner’s exhibits. For a more in-depth look, Rob Richardson will present HUMS Case Studies during HAI’s Rotor Safety Challenge on March 1 and Honeywell’s T53 and LTS101 engines will be discussed by Jim Ebken in HELI-EXPO’s Manufacturer Technical Briefings on March 1 and 2.
Honeywell’s communications portfolio includes several broadband satellite solutions for rotary-wing platforms.
- Sky Connect Tracker is an all-in-one system that enables concurrent voice, text, aircraft fleet tracking and real-time flight data monitoring in a single box, courtesy of the global coverage provided by the Iridium® satellite network.
- Using a high-data rate software package, the Aspire 200 Intermediate Gain system reduces the impacts of rotor blade interference to create a high-bandwidth environment for helicopter operators worldwide.
Honeywell is a leading provider of avionics systems for all aircraft types, including helicopters.
- Honeywell’s Laseref VI inertial reference system designed to meet the unique needs of helicopter operators including optimized alignment for quick dispatch, full helicopter qualification levels and pointing accuracy to support high bandwidth SATCOM operations even in GNSS denied environments.
- Honeywell’s Vibration Monitoring/HUMS products offer a proactive approach to enhanced safety.
- Observer and Sentinel are acknowledged to have the best user interface for presenting and accessing data from stored maps and live sensors together to improve crew effectiveness.
- BendixKing MK XXI EGPWS is ideal for VFR-equipped lighter helicopters without radio altimeter modes and aiding.
- Honeywell’s MK XXII EGPWS offers highly advanced safety functions for larger IFR-equipped helicopters with radio altimeters.
- Bendix King KRA-405B Altimeter offers expanded scale for helicopter operation and provides analog and ARINC 429 outputs to interface with GPWS, collision avoidance and other aircraft systems.
- BendixKing TRA-45A EGPWS/Radar Altimeter Indicator is ideal for displaying radar altitude and EGPWS information in a vivid color display that is easily viewed, even in bright daylight.
Honeywell propulsion engines power helicopters flying every type of rotary-wing mission.
- The HTS900 engine incorporates a next-generation, Honeywell-designed Dual Centrifugal Compressor architecture increasing the aircraft’s power output while reducing fuel consumption.
- Honeywell LTS101 engines have been delivered to customers worldwide logging over 11 million service hours.
We will also have our new commercial helicopter virtual reality experience at the booth. Virtual reality is a totally immersive experience, where goggles and headsets are used to transport users into a virtual helicopter. Users can select their helicopter mission and whether they want to be a pilot, a passenger or an engineer. The experience contains a comprehensive overview of the technologies Honeywell can provide for helicopter operators in an interesting and engaging way.
If you can’t join us at HELI-EXPO 2016, you can learn more about Honeywell’s complete portfolio of solutions for helicopter operators here.