Honeywell's Direct Access mobile app just got "appier" for pilots and flight departments as a number of enhancements have been brought online to make the system easier for business & general aviation customers to use.
The app, which was recently updated to support Apple iOS 9 (9.1) and the latest Android OS (6.0), provides aircraft-on-ground (AOG) support, using GPS data to locate the nearest tech support staff, dealers, service centers and other critical information. A popular feature is the interactive map of dealers and service centers that allows the user to click on a graphical pin icon to quickly find a phone number, see an address or view profile details.
The most recent round of enhancements for version 6 include:
- Toll-free numbers are easier for customers to find;
- "Search-by-name" functionality allows users to quickly find phone information for technical support engineers (TSE);
- Access to TSE names and phone numbers associated with particular products are provided;
- "Escalation support" facilitates quick and easy contact of appropriate member of the Honeywell Aerospace technical support management team if the customer wishes to escalate an issue beyond the TSE;
- Additional links to Pilot Gateway and the technical support self-service community allow the user to access other Honeywell websites;
- Users can choose whether or not to contact a dealer or service center—or go directly to a satellite site and work with mobile response team.
"We're continually looking for ways to improve the Honeywell User Experience and these latest enhancements to the popular Direct Access app are just the latest step in helping customers get the info they need quickly and conveniently," said Vicki Dorsey, Program/Project Manager.