One of the world’s most flexible multi-role helicopters deserves an integrated avionics system that’s just as flexible and functional. That’s what operators get when they fly the AgustaWestland 139 equipped with Honeywell’s Primus Epic advanced cockpit and our 2.0 software upgrade. With the 2.0 upgrade, Primus Epic offers operators unprecedented levels of situational awareness, safety and efficiency, while reducing pilot workload.
Whether your AW139 mission is passenger transportation, offshore oil and gas operations, search and rescue, health and emergency, or law enforcement, the Primus Epic 2.0 flight deck has the capabilities you need to get the job done.
Primus Epic for the AW139 features four large flat-panel displays compatible with night vision equipment, modular avionics, a fully functional helicopter flight management system and a four-axis autopilot. With the upgrade to 2.0, pilots and operators will see significant improvements in safety, efficiency and situational awareness. Upgrade highlights include:
- Wide Area Augmentation System/Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (WAAS/LPV), which expands landing access with more precise approaches
- Required Navigation Performance (RNP) Display, which improves navigation efficiency and approach safety
- Steep & Slow, which enables access to confined landing areas restricted by terrain or noise abatements
- Auto lateral navigation (LNAV) at go-around for improved safety and reduced pilot workload
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) II, which adds safety margin when flying in dense traffic
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Out, which increases flight efficiency and situational awareness
- Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) Update to reduce nuisance alerts and safety events while still providing industry-leading protection against controlled flight into terrain
- Landing Gear Aural Warning to improve landing safety and pilot awareness
Primus Epic 2.0 is available today on existing and new-build AW139 helicopters.